Saturday 19 October 2013

Celebrity Autobiographies

AutobiographyIt's no secret I hate biographies.  I walked into my local book store today and the first thing I see: Celebrity Autobiographies. Everywhere I turned, another celebrity faced popped up with wax smiles, botoxed faces and insipid life stories.   

Every year we are plagued by them from wannabe pop stars to reality television stars.   They are badly written, self imposing and void of humor. My question therefore is: why do Celebrities feel the need to publicize their private lives? Surely if I cared enough I would be able to find this information on Wikipedia or Dailymail. 

This week Morrissey published his Autobiography, a "penguin classic" that has gripped the world. I decided not to purchase the Autobiography because I couldn't care less about Morrissey- sorry Morrissey fans. He might be a genius but by God he's tedious.  He is outspoken outlandish comment remind me of a child in an expensive pram playing with his golden dummy whilst complaining that his shoes aren't made of the finest silk.  He's a musician and can therefore be given a pass for selfish navel gazing however I still think he's the most tedious man in England. He's made me hate celebrity autobiographies even more. 

"Morrissey is like that annoying girl who finds out you’re a vegetarian and is all like “oh but you should be a vegan”. And when she finds out your a vegan, she’s all like “but are you a raw vegan? organic? huh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment