Thursday 20 December 2012

Tainted by Temptation

Tainted By Temptation
Review 

I should start off by saying that when I brought this book, it was free. I had no idea how good it would be or if I would actually like it. The name was awful -Tainted by Temptation, really? The synopsis left little to be desired and the cover was just as bad; it was basically a gamble. I read it out of boredom. We all have those moments where you just read a really long, emotionally draining novel and you need some light comedy and entertainment.  Having said all that, at times I enjoyed this book. It's well written and could be great.

But and this is a big BUT, the characters are very unlikable   Velvet (yes the heroin's name is velvet) is sappy; she is so dry and annoying, at times I wanted to inject some personality into her. I wanted her to fight and have some energy to her character. But she was bland and a tad irritating. Lucian has more personality but his cruelty to his daughter makes him very unlikeable. Towards the end, you fall in love with the characters but by then it’s too late. Another thing that irritated me was the ending, the unravelling of the story. The author built up this mystery only to leave feeling hard done by. The big reveal is not very revealing at all. It’s too predictable. I should end by saying however, I loved the epilogue. She brings the story together nicely, giving you a glimpse into what the future holds for these two. For a freebie, I would recommend it. For the full price I would leave it well alone. If the cover doesn't put you off, the characters will. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how lovely. Someone who doesn't feel compelled to say how great every single book is!!!

    ReplyDelete