Tuesday 15 January 2013

Review: The Earl's inconvinient Wife

The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Regency Collection Book 1)
Synopsis

Nathaniel Buford, Earl of Roderick, doesn't want a wife, but his brother died, passing on the title of earl to him. Now he is bound by duty to get an heir. Unfortunately, to get the heir, he must find a wife. As luck would have it, he gets caught in a scandalous situation not of his doing, and the next thing he knows, he's married...and to a lady whose family is reported to desire money above all else.

Miss Claire Lowell wanted to get married. But she never intended to marry a gentleman who felt trapped into it, and she certainly never thought her family would have a hand in the scandal that forced Lord Roderick's hand in marriage. Can love find a way to thrive under such conditions or will her father's eagerness to see her married off to an earl condemn her to a loveless marriage?
Review


I should start off by saying I got this as freebie a few weeks after many, many reviewers gushed about its brilliance. After some reflection i can only say it's perhaps the worst Regency I've ever read.  The writing is incredibly dully and migraine inducing. I was more interested in sub-characters than the main characters for example Perry was charming, funny and I will gladly read his story. Nathaniel and Claire made me want to throw my kindle at my television screen. At times nothing happened. The author would waffle on and on about nothing. It was more than frustrating.

The best thing about this book perhaps was that it was free. It didn't pay any money for it so I can’t complain too much. But if I had paid for this book I would've been very disappointed. For some light reading I took me a week to finish this book, it shouldn't have taken more than a day to finish. I did enjoy finishing it though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment